Terms & Conditions
THESE TERMS APPLY TO ALL USERS OF THE TRIBEPAD PLATFORM.
“Tribepad” means Hachette’s applicant tracking system used for the recruitment and selection of candidates applying for jobs at Hachette and affiliated companies within the Hachette UK Group of companies (each a “Hachette UK Recruiting Entity”) and is accessible at https://apply.hachette.co.uk
“Hachette” means Hachette UK Limited
References to "we" and "us" are to Hachette or the relevant Hachette UK Recruiting Entity as the case may be. References to "You" and "your" mean the person using Tribepad under these Terms.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. BY USING TRIBEPAD, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
WE MAY UPDATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME AND YOU WILL BE BOUND BY ANY NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHEN YOU VISIT TRIBEPAD.
If you do not agree to these site terms (including any amendments) you must not use this site.
The information you submit as part of your application will be treated in confidence and only accessed by relevant parties in the recruitment process. These will include the HR team and the recruiting manager and any relevant IT support from Talent on View Ltd, trading as Tribepad.
The Information you provide as part of your application and on your candidate profile must be accurate. Hachette reserves the right to reject any application which is inaccurate or misleading.
Hachette will update you on the progress of your application by email to alert you of a change in status on your applicant profile in Tribepad. You may be asked to log in to your account to reply.
If a recruitment agency submits your details to us to be considered for a role, we may contact you by email to request your consent to proceed with the recruitment process.
- You must be aged 16 or over to register with, and use, Tribepad;
- All applications submitted must be your own work and must not contain content which infringes a third party’s rights;
- We reserve the right to remove your access to Tribepad if we believe you are not complying with these Terms and Conditions. Where appropriate, we reserve the right to report your details to the applicable law enforcement agencies;
- You must keep your password secret and secure and not disclose or share it to anyone. Hachette will not be liable in the case of any unauthorised access to your account in the event that your password has not been kept secure. You should change your password by changing it on your account settings if you believe that someone else may have access to your password. You should contact us immediately if you suspect that your profile has been breached or the security of your password compromised;
Data Protection and Privacy
Hachette or the relevant Hachette UK Recruiting Entity which is carrying out the recruitment activity is the data controller. Where Hachette UK is not the recruiting entity, it will process your personal data on behalf of the Hachette UK Recruiting Entity
We may need to know your personal details including your name, address and email address to provide you with information or reply to your queries or for purposes in connection with your job application or in connection with UGC. The data controller may use a third party to fulfil such data processing needs.
Please read our Privacy Notice posted on this website for details as to how we collect and use personal information and for information regarding your rights in relation to such processing including your right to object to such processing. The Privacy Notice can be found here.
For more information on cookies on Tribepad. please read our Cookies Policy, which can be found here.
Tribepad can be linked to your social media platforms including LinkedIn to populate your applicant profile. We will only do this with your consent.
You acknowledge that all rights in Tribepad and its contents (including but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, and downloads) is owned by or have been licensed to us or is otherwise used by us as permitted by applicable law. In accessing Tribepad you agree that you will access the contents solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and you acknowledge that you are not permitted to copy, download, post, store in any medium (including any other website), distribute, transmit, modify or show in public any part of Tribepad without our prior written permission or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time or other relevant provisions which are or may be in force. All brand names, product names and titles used in Tribepad are trade names, and in some instances trade marks, of their respective holders. No permission is given in respect of use of any of the above, and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
User-Generated Content ("UGC")
You may submit material for publication in comment areas of Tribepad. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by any user and published by us and we are not responsible for its content or accuracy.
In submitting material to us for publication you agree to be bound by the following terms of acceptable use (“Terms of Acceptable Use”):
1. Publication of any material you submit will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication;
2. You grant to us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to copy, sublicense, adapt, create derivative works from, republish and in any way distribute in any format any material (including, but not limited to print and electronic format) that you submit to us. You waive any and all moral rights in relation to the material you submit, including but not limited to your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of it;
3. You will not submit any material which is intended to upset others or which is unlawful, obnoxious, indecent, profane, harassing, derogatory or rude;
4. You will not submit any material that is promotional or commercial in nature;
5. You will not submit personal information about another person or make attempts to solicit personal information from anyone;
6. You warrant that any material that you submit will be relevant to the content in respect of which it is submitted;
7. You warrant that any material that you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights in it;
8. You warrant that any material that you submit to us is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or a misuse of private information, and that it does not constitute hate speech against an identifiable group and is not otherwise illegal;
9. You warrant that you are aware that if you disclose personal information in content that you provide to public forums on the Websites including bulletin boards and other comment or review functions, then that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
10. You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liability, claims, costs, loss or damage (including indirect and consequential loss) that we incur as a result of publishing material that you submit to us; and
11. We reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are not complying with these Terms of Acceptable Use or Terms and Conditions. Where appropriate, we reserve the right to report your details to the applicable law enforcement agencies.
If you believe that material has been published on Tribepad that does not comply with the Terms of Acceptable Use, please notify us by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include details of why you think the material breaches the Terms of Acceptable Use.
Tribepad is provided by us in good faith on an “as is” basis. We make no representations or warranties, express or implied, about Tribepad or the material contained or referred to on it or available for download from it and will not be held liable in any way for your use of it. Except to the extent provided by the applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We and all affiliated companies and individuals exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability in contract or tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental, special and consequential damages, losses and expenses whatsoever including loss of business, anticipated savings revenues, profits, goodwill or reputation arising out of or in any way connected with the use of Tribepad and/or any information, content, or services obtained through them. We endeavour to ensure that all information and material on Tribepad is correct and accurate but do not accept any liability for errors or omissions, nor do we warrant that use of Tribepad will be uninterrupted.
Tribepad may be used only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of Tribepad by any third party. We have the right to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on Tribepad. We are not responsible for, nor do we accept any liability for, any material posted on Tribepad otherwise than by us. Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties on Tribepad are those of the third party concerned. We neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any such third party material.
While we make reasonable attempts to exclude viruses, worms, Trojans and other malicious or destructive computer code from Tribepad and its contents, we cannot guarantee such exclusion. We give no assurance (whether express or implied), assume no obligation and accept no liability in relation to these matters. You are strongly recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before using Tribepad or downloading any information or content from it.
We shall not be liable for any loss, damage or otherwise as a direct or indirect result of the failure to perform or delay in performing any of our obligations nor shall there be a breach of these Terms and Conditions as a result of the occurrence of any event whatsoever beyond our control, including without limitation acts of God, fire, flood, storm, civil disturbance, explosion, power failure or reduction of power supplies, acts, orders or requirements of any governmental or regulatory body, lack or shortage of materials, impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport, impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks, adverse weather conditions, inability to procure or delay in procuring equipment and materials from our normal suppliers, mechanical breakdown or strike, lock-out or labour disputes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of Tribepad and the operation of these terms shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England. The English courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of Tribepad except that we may take action in any jurisdiction to protect our intellectual property rights or to recover any amount owed to us.
Links to Other Websites
Neither we nor any of our group companies are responsible for the content of any other website, including any website through which you may have gained access to Tribepad or to which you may gain access from Tribepad. We do not accept any liability in connection with such other websites or links.
Tribepad and the information on it may be changed or updated without notice, unless we specify to the contrary.
If all or any part of these terms is determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Our failure to exercise or enforce any rights or any provision of these terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
The parties (you and we) do not intend the terms or any part of them to be enforceable by any person who is not a party to these terms pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 except that members of our Group are intended beneficiaries of this Agreement. However, we may amend these terms without other Group members’ consent and subsections 2(1)(a) to (c) of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms.
None of the trademarks, logos, trade names or brands may be copied or used in any way without prior written permission.
Those who choose to access Tribepad from locations outside the United Kingdom do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with English laws.
If you have any queries about Tribepad please contact us at the following address email@example.com.
Tribepad is operated (under licence) by Hachette UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales: 2020173, whose registered office is Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ.